AL Preseason Rankings by jasonkent25
1. Monterrey Jack: Last season's Champs deserve nothing but the #1 spot. They return AL MVP Donnie Fiore and the top offense in the league. The rest of the AL will need to bring their A-game to dethrone these guys.
Last Season 109-53
2. Fargo Escargot Embargo: Returning 3-40 HR guys and a great pitching staff these guys look poised for another deep run in the playoffs. Oh, by the way, they have won the AL North for the last 10 seasons.
Last Season 102-60
3. Philadelphia Phunsuckers: After having a 95 win down season (averaged over 100 wins previous 5 seasons), the Phunsuckers have the AL CY winner Odalis Ugueto returning with a great offense and pitching staff. Look for them to return to 100 win form and challenge Monterrey for the AL title
Last Season 95-67
4. Santa Cruz Banana Slugs: A team built on pitching and former CY Winner Rod Willis--and throw in the addition of Matt Forrest via offseason trade--they could be the next AL Champ. They are the only team to take the Champs to a game 5 or 7 in the playoffs.
Last Season 88-74
5. Boise Spuds: After returning to the playoffs for the first time since Season 12, AL ROY Pablo Javier and new addition Pedro Cruz look to keep the Spuds rolling this season and have their sights set on bigger goals.
Last season 97-65
6. Toronto Ehhs: With one of the top offenses in the league and a solid pitching staff to back them up, Toronto went out and added NL MVP Ben Stone, in hopes of taking the AL North away from Fargo and not getting swept out of the 1st round of the playoffs this season.
Last Season 99-63
7. Washington D.C. Oxygen Thieves: After making the playoffs each of the previous 4 seasons, Washington took a step back last season, having 9 less wins then the previous year and missing the playoffs. They are hoping for only a 1-year drought, though.
Last season 82-80
8. Colorado Team And Juan: After struggling at the beginning of last season, Colorado ended the season very strong. This team is anchored by former MVP Tony Berroa. Looking to keep the strong second half last season roll over into this season.
Last Season: 72-79
9. Columbus Patriots: Playing in one of the toughest divisions in the league, Columbus is anchored by 3-time WS champion Joe Nixon. He wants to help Columbus make strides in the right direction this season.
Last Season 74-88
10. Fresno Flash: Looking to rebound after having a down season and only three seasons removed from winning the AL WEST. This may be hard to do after losing their top two winning pitchers from last season. May be be a rebuilding year for the guys.
Last Season 73-89
11. Arizona Desert Rats: After making the Playoffs two seasons ago, Arizona took a step back last season, but looks to rebound with former League MVP Garret Taguchi. These guys look like they will probably have another middle of the pack season though.
12. Austin Capitol Offenders: Austin looks to rebound after dropping from 2nd to 4th in the AL South Division. They are powered by 2-time league MVP Warren Herman. Look for this offensive juggernaut to have a rebound season.
Last Season 67-95
13. Charlotte Vendetta: These guys have been in the middle of the pack for sometime now. Its going to take a great coaching effort for these guys to make the playoffs.
Last Season 69-93
14. New Orleans Sinkers: After missing the playoffs for the last 7 season, New Orleans is hoping for something miraculous this season. Not sure they are 25 wins better this season though.
Last Season 69-93
15. Louisville Grays: After a major drop in wins last season Alan Riedling and the Grays hope to rebound this season. Not sure it will be enough to make a real push at the playoffs though. They are still a season or two away.
Last Season 58-104
16. Richmond Cavaliers: Have been continuing on a downward slope each of the last 3 season. They are going to need to need an angel or two on their side to make any real push.
Last Season 62-100